Skip to content
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants
- Single applicants
- Married couples
- LGBT families or singles welcome.
- Unmarried partners adopting jointly, where the law allows.
- Families with or without children may apply.
- Applicants may choose the gender of the child they want to adopt.
- Applicants in states we are licensed should have their home study done by AFTH.
- Prospective adoptive parents should be in the age range of 25-52 years. The oldest member of the couple must be no older than 52 at the time of the application. The majority of our placements are infants and we feel that this is in the best interest of the children.
- Families should be citizens of the United States or Permanent Residents (Green Card holders)
- You do not need to own your own home.
- A past arrest history does not automatically disqualify you from adopting. You will need to discuss the incident with one of our social workers.
- No minimum income requirement. However, you must be able to provide for a child without state aid.
- Even though not all women want an open adoption we ask all families to make the following minimum commitment:
- An exchange of first names, letters and photos through the agency.
- At least 1 visit per year (which can be held at one of our annual picnics) as your child grows.