I’m Pregnant, what are my options?
We understand that your decisions in dealing with an unplanned pregnancy will not be easy. Our goal is to provide you as much information as possible so that you can choose the best option for you and most importantly, the best option for your baby. We are not here to sway you in any direction. Our job is to provide information and help support you as you make your decision, one that is best for you, your partner, and your baby. Consider the best decision for your child.
The decision you make when facing an unplanned pregnancy is one that will affect the rest of your life. An essential resource is the Pregnancy Options Workbook, also in Spanish. Remember that you do not have to go through this pregnancy alone. We are here to help and support you in your decision making process, no matter which option you choose in the end. Adoptions From The Heart offers options counseling. Regardless of your final decision, we are here to help.
Want to Learn More?
If You Choose Adoption For Your Baby, This Is What You Can Expect From Us:
- Select the family you want for your baby from our waiting families. Choose from photos, videos and written profiles. Meet the family and stay in touch if you want.
- Join a support group. Meet other women who are considering adoption and/or have already placed their children for adoption. If you don’t want to or can’t meet in person we can connect you via phone or email with other women who have placed their children for adoption.
- Choose the level of contact you want with the family after placement. You can choose either a totally open, semi-open (pictures & letters, possible visits), or a closed (no contact) adoption.
- Create a hospital plan. You decide what is right for you at the hospital. Do you want the family there? Do you want your support people there? Do you want to hold your baby?
- No Foster Care. Your child will be placed directly from the hospital with the family you choose so they can start bonding right away.
- Write a letter to your child. This is a great way to let your child know why you decided on adoption. We will keep a copy of this letter and give a copy to the adoptive parents to keep for the child when he/she grows up.
- Legally Binding Agreements are available in some states. Most contact agreements between you and the family are informal and not legally enforceable. Legally binding agreements give you a way to hold the adoptive family of your child accountable to the agreement they made to you when you agreed to place your child with them.
Testimonials From Women We Have Helped
“Obviously this situation wasn’t one I saw myself being in when I was only 19 years old, but, wishful thinking aside, I was, and it will be something I remember forever. I called various adoption agencies and Adoptions From The Heart seemed a lot more friendly and open and more willing to talk to me even if I hadn’t pledged my loyalty to their services. It helped a lot to know that I didn’t have to take care of everything by myself. I appreciate all the help and guidance you’ve given me and I wish that everyone’s adoption experience could be as comforting as mine was (thanks to you and your staff). The work you do and the effort you put in is fantastic and really admirable. Thank you again for everything.” – Samantha
“I can’t even begin to thank you for everything you have done for me. I could never have done anything without you. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.” – Theriese (letter to an AFTH social worker)
“Thank you so much for everything. You guys are a true blessing to me and my daughter.” – Michelle (Birth mother aided by the donation fund)
Want to Learn More?
1. Contact Us
We know you have questions. Our experienced social workers are standing by to listen to you and inform you about your options. Call, text, submit a form or chat with us 24/7.
2. Talk to a counselor
Our experienced counselors will listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and advise you of your options. We will support you all the way through your decision. Once you have made a decision as to what you want to do with your pregnancy, we will give you assistance with your next step.
3. Stay Supported
Support is key. We know from the thousands of people we have helped that no matter which option you choose, you always need support.
If you choose adoption for your baby
Here are the next steps >>
Pick an adopting family
We have a database of families that have created profiles to show their values, and why they are seeking to adopt a child. You can watch videos, read their bios and decide which family you are most comfortable with and one that fits your goals. We can help you through this process.
Complete your adoption plan
Once you have selected a family, we will help you with the details of the adoption, and how involved you would like to be. We pass no judgment and we are here to support you and achieve your goals.
Adoption Services for Pregnant Women
You will receive all of our services free of charge, both before and after placement of your child with a family.
Medical Care for You and Your Baby
Adoptions From The Heart will assist you in receiving pre-natal care at a hospital of your choice. If you have no medical insurance, the agency will assist you in receiving the insurance coverage for which you are eligible or pay your medical bills if insurance is not available.
Legal Assistance During The Adoption Process
You will be informed of your legal rights and all of your legal questions will be answered by an attorney.
What Rights Do Expecting Parents Have In Adoption?
As a mother you have rights. It is important to learn about your rights in relation to the adoption process. Some mothers are hesitant at first about their option of adoption, but then come to the realization that they may not have the time or resources to raise the child. Remember you can choose to be involved in the adoption process.
Supportive Counseling For You & Your Loved Ones
Adoptions From The Heart counselors are available 24-hours a day to provide support and answer any questions you may have. Counseling is available before and after your baby is placed, for as long as you need it, at no cost to you. If you are not ready to parent, you should know your options and alternatives.