Are you Eligible?
- Must have placed a child for adoption in or after 1985 (letter from your adoption agency or attorney must be provided)
- Must have been accepted to a college or trade school. (verification required)
- Must show a financial need (w-2 or previous year tax return)
- Must write an essay regarding their adoption story. (500 word limit)
- Must include letter of recommendation (from an adult who knows you well, such as a teacher, employer, coach, social worker, pastor etc…)
- Only complete applications will be reviewed!!
To qualify for an additional scholarship recipients must:
- maintain a 2.5 or higher grade point average (GPA)
- Submit a new application for each semester
- Provide a copy of your transcript from the previous semester
The deadline for the spring semester applications is December 1st.
The deadline for the fall semester applications is July 1st.
- Choosing adoption for your baby does not guarantee a scholarship will be available.
- Depending on the number of applicants and tuition amounts the number of scholarships, and the amount of each scholarship awarded each semester may vary .
- AFTH staff has no say in who receives a scholarship.
Download a brochure or apply now!
Want to Learn More?
Testimonials From Women We Have Helped
“Obviously this situation wasn’t one I saw myself being in when I was only 19 years old, but, wishful thinking aside, I was, and it will be something I remember forever. I called various adoption agencies and Adoptions From The Heart seemed a lot more friendly and open and more willing to talk to me even if I hadn’t pledged my loyalty to their services. It helped a lot to know that I didn’t have to take care of everything by myself. I appreciate all the help and guidance you’ve given me and I wish that everyone’s adoption experience could be as comforting as mine was (thanks to you and your staff). The work you do and the effort you put in is fantastic and really admirable. Thank you again for everything.” – Samantha
“I can’t even begin to thank you for everything you have done for me. I could never have done anything without you. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.” – Theriese (letter to an AFTH social worker)
“Thank you so much for everything. You guys are a true blessing to me and my daughter.” – Michelle (Birth mother aided by the donation fund)