If you’re looking for a place to spend a fun summer day with the family in Allentown, Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom is a perfect choice. You get access to two excellent amusement parks for the price of one admission. Dorney Park features a variety of rides, including hair-raising thrill rides and roller coasters along with family-friendly and kids rides. Wildwater Kingdom is always a great place to cool off in the summer heat, with its variety of waterslides and other wet attractions. Our Allentown adoption agents make frequent trips here with our family and always leave with new memories of rewarding bonding experiences. In fact, some of us love it so much that we buy season passes each year.
In our opinion, Dorney Park offers some of the best ride experiences on the entire East Coast. You can find something here that the whole family can enjoy, whether you’re a thrill seeker or prefer more relaxed rides.
Dorney Park is home to 7 excellent roller coasters, varying from intense thrills to family coasters. These roller coasters include:
- Hydra – In operation since 2005, the Hydra is Pennsylvania’s first and only floorless roller coaster. This twisting coaster is one of the most thrilling in the park, as it takes you upside down in a whopping seven inversions, including one as soon as you leave the launch station.
- Possessed – When this coaster opened in 2008, it was the first suspended linear induction impulse coaster in the Northeast. Possessed is a dual tower coaster which uses linear induction motors to launch you in a twisting vertical spiral up 185 feet before rising at a 90-degree angle in the opposite direction.
- Steel Force – For over 20 years, Steel Force has been thrilling riders with its 205-foot drop and 75 mph speeds. This coaster opened in 1997 and was the first 200-foot tall roller coaster on the East Coast. It’s also still the longest steel coaster on the East Coast and the ninth-longest steel coaster on Earth.
- Talon – This is an inverted roller coaster with ski-lift style seats that hang below the track. Talon is also the tallest and longest inverted roller coaster in the Northeast. The thrills are nonstop here – following the 120 feet vertical drop, you plunge directly into a 98-foot vertical loop, followed by a zero-gravity roll, an Immelmann, an inclined spiral, an S-curve, a corkscrew spin, and a spiral.
- ThunderHawk – In operation since 1923, ThunderHawk is Dorney Park’s oldest roller coaster. This wooden classic follows a figure-eight pattern and features an 80-foot drop.
- Wild Mouse – Wild Mouse rides are a staple of any good amusement park. The four-person cars offer intimate thrills for the family as you zip along seven sharp turns and camelback hills. The Wild Mouse is a great first introduction to roller coasters for your kids.
- Woodstock Express – This is another family-friendly coaster which features mild thrills, including a 15-foot drop.
Dorney Park is home to 5 awesome thrill rides, which include:
- Demon Drop – An elevator drop ride which sends you plummeting downwards 60 feet without warning. This ride was originally a favorite at Cedar Point in Ohio and moved to Dorney Park in 2010.
- Dominator – These 200-foot dual towers give you a choice between launching upward or plummeting downward at speeds reaching 40 miles per hour.
- Enterprise – On enterprise, a hydraulic arm spins 20 cars through the air, reaching heights of 80 feet and turning riders upside down.
- Meteor – This ride features two dueling meteors which spin you around, backward, and forward as your feet kick the sky. Split the family into two groups and enjoy watching each other’s thrilled faces as you circle around.
- Revolution – This revolving swing of an eight-armed ring launches riders 120 degrees in each direction at maximum heights of 65 feet.
Dorney Park also features a variety of classic family rides which you can expect to find at any amusement park, including:
- Antique Carousel
- Cedar Creek Cannonball Train
- Dodgem Bumper Cars
- Ferris Wheel
- Musik Express
- Sea Dragon
- Wave Swinger
Of course, Dorney Park has plenty of kid-friendly options for your little ones to enjoy, incuding:
- Camp Bus
- Charlie Brown’s Wind-Up
- Flying Ace
- Flying Ace Balloon Race
- Kit Eating Tree
- Linus Launcher
- Peanuts 500
- Peanuts Road Rally
- Sally’s Swing Set
- Snoopy’s Cloud Climbers
- & much more
Wildwater Kingdom offers dozens of ways to beat the summer heat, including attractions like:
- Aqua Racer
- Boa Blasters
- Runaway River
- Wave Pool
- Wildwater Cove
- & much more