Raising a child is one of the most rewarding experiences in life, but sometimes, it can be nice to get away as a couple. Glasbern Inn in Fogelsville is one of our favorite places to get away and spend some quality one-on-one time with our spouses. This is much more than a hotel, and features include a world-class spa, excellent restaurant, and picturesque scenery. If you’re looking for a weekend away from the kids in an idyllic location, our Allentown adoption agents highly recommend a stay at the Glasbern Inn. Some of the reasons why we love it there so much include:
Glasbern Inn is located on a former working farm, which today functions as a working sustainable farm. This makes for majestic views of gorgeous nature, which is perfect for romantic getaways with your spouse or significant other. The farm spans 150 acres and includes beautiful ponds, rolling hills, restored farmhouses, and converted barns. The Farmhouse suites offer unique rustic charms, including plank flooring, large beams, and gas fireplaces. Once you step foot on the property, you’ll quickly understand why Glasbern Inn is such a popular choice for a wedding venue. There’s even an outdoor wedding garden, and the Grand Lodge makes a fantastic setting for ceremonies and receptions.
Glasbern Inn boasts a world-class spa, which offers eight different packages. The spa is also designed with couples in mind and includes side-by-side tables which are perfect for couples’ massages. Spa packages available to guests include:
- Swedish/Traditional Massage
- Deep Muscle Massage
- Lomi Lomi Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- Foot Massage
Glasbern Inn offers a large dinner menu, along with a complimentary breakfast for their guests. All of their food is also considered sustainable local production, which means it’s primarily sourced from local locations. Many of their produce comes directly from their own farm. Fresh herbs and garden greens are grown in their greenhouse, which guarantees maximum freshness.
Some of our favorite dishes from the Main Dining Room at Glasbern Inn include:
- Grass-fed beef tenderloin
- Housemade meatloaf
- Pear and arugula salad
- Pecan-crusted New York striped bass
- Seared Jurgielewics & Son duck breast
You can enjoy these and many other dishes in a beautiful converted 19th-century barn, which includes 28-foot cathedral ceilings, exposed original beams, and fieldstone walls.
Glasbern Inn offers several special packages for their guests, which combine a variety of features with your overnight stay. These packages include:
- Mid-Week Special – This special starts at $289 per night and includes a 3-course chef-inspired dinner for 2, lodging for 2, and Farm Fresh Chef’s breakfast for 2.
- Couples Pampering Package – This special is perfect for a romantic getaway. It includes a 3-course chef-inspired dinner for 2, lodging for 2, two 1-hour Swedish massages, a half-dozen chocolate-covered strawberries, chilled champagne in your room, and a Farm Fresh Chef’s breakfast for 2.
- Military Special – To show appreciation for our heroes in the Armed Forces, Glasbern Inn offers a 10% discount for active service members. Additionally, members of the Armed Forces qualify for a Homecoming Getaway Offer, which includes a free one-night stay in a standard room.
- Returning Guest Special – If you return for a second trip and bring another couple with you, your stay will be half-price.
- Executive Retreat Package – Glasbern Inn is also a great setting for work getaways. It’s a great place for team-building activities and bonding experiences in nature. This package includes a daily breakfast, private meeting room, AM & PM beverage breaks, daily lunch, a 3-course private dinner, and use of the fitness center.